Menu

Siuda House (Former Sigma Phi Chapter House)

  • Location Clinton, NY
  • Cost $4,405,318
  • Completion 2007
  • Client Hamilton College

Featured in American School & University’s Architectural Portfolio 2007

Outstanding Design award for Renovation/Modernization

The former Sigma Phi Chapter House was purchased by Hamilton College in 2003 and underwent a comprehensive reconstruction and expansion in order to house the admission and financial aid offices.

Extensive historically appropriate renovations, including a new slate roof, restored red oak millwork, reproduction leaded glass windows, three replica chimneys (built on site and lifted into place) and modern office space on the second floor, have brought this grand old building into the 21st century and presents a welcoming and impressive "front door" to all campus visitors. Other renovations were also undertaken to preserve the historic elements of the structure:

  • Two operational fireplaces were repaired
  • The great room was preserved with illuminated recessed pin-dot down lights and encased with A/V system
  • Renovated porch saved after 1915 fire
  • Salvaged and refinished woodwork and paneling on first floor
  • Clinton quarry stone removed from sections of the façade, split and reused on addition
  • Rebuilt and refinished bench in front alcove

 

')